The Community and Industry Engagement program (CIE) provides funding for the development and implementation of waste management projects, initiatives and events that promote the diversion of waste from landfill and/or recognise the adoption of improved waste management practices and achievements
CIE is based on a transparent and competitive assessment and selection process and will provide funding for industry, local governments, regional councils, peak industry organisations, research and educational organisations and community groups.
A wide range of projects and events may be eligible for funding, providing they meet the eligibility criteria.These may include, implementation of waste management initiatives and programs; educational programs; development and implementation of waste management guidelines; research; training; and events that promote and recognise improved waste management practices.
In 2017-18, CIE funding of $1 million is available through the Waste Avoidance and Resource Recovery Account (WARR Account). There is no limit for individual projects within this funding availability.
Eligible projects and events may include:
- projects and research that contribute to the diversion of waste from landfill
- research, development and implementation of waste management guidelines
- development and implementation of programs that contribute to improved waste management practices
- development and implementation of targeted training and knowledge sharing programs
- events that promote, recognise or provide education on improved waste management practices.
Activities that are not eligible for funding include:
- the purchase or development of infrastructure
- projects that are nearing completion
- ongoing operational activities
- activities to meet legislative requirements
- projects that do not promote and clearly report on waste diversion from landfill.
The CIE is a State Government initiative administered by the Waste Authority. It seeks to fund initiatives that contribute to making Western Australia into a sustainable low waste society, and support the State Government's strategic waste initiatives and programs and the communication of key waste reduction messages.
The waste strategy is available here.
How to apply
Apply by submitting your application through the online portal.
Applications close at 12 noon 12 February 2018.
For further information email email@example.com.
The Community and Industry Engagement program (CIE) supports projects delivered by organisations that divert waste from landfill and recover it as a resource.
Milestone and financial review template for CIE
Evaluation template for CIE
To apply for this program, please using the following forms:
Application form for CIE
Presentation of key information for potential applicants to consider
This document sets out the long term strategic directions and priorities for the State Government and was launched on 6 March 2012.
The Authority’s key messages promote better waste management practices in Western Australia. The messages aim to foster engagement and behaviour change in individuals and communities across the State.