Many Waste Wise Schools collect a variety of items for recycling or for fundraising. Items include batteries, mobile phones, bicycles, spectacles and even clothes.
Check out the Specialised School Recycling Collection factsheet for a list of items that can be collected at school.
Batteries are one of the most common hazardous waste materials that are incorrectly placed in our kerbside bins. In the metro area many of the regional councils have a community or school collection program, resources or competitions. Contact your council for more information.
- Eastern Metropolitan Regional Council: School recycling program
- Mindarie Regional Council: Community drop off locations
- Western Metropolitan Regional Council: Community drop off locations
- Rivers Rivers Council: Community drop off locations
- Southern Metropolitan Regional Council: Community drop off locations
In regional areas there are fewer recycling collection points. Contact your local council for more information on household hazardous waste collections, or contact Battery World to learn more about their school recycling program.