The Household Hazardous Waste Program is administered by the WA Local Government Association on behalf of the Authority.
Each year a report is produced to outline the quantities and types of hazardous waste collected.
In the 2018/19 financial year a total of 518,585kg of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) was collected through the Program from thirteen Permanent facilities and five Temporary Collection Days (TCDs).
The total Program expenditure for 2018/19 was $1,734,332; this represents an expenditure of 96.4% of the Program budget.
General Program expenditure was:
- 74% was for the collection, transport, testing and disposal/recycling of material from HHW Permanent facilities
- 59% Metropolitan facilities
- 15% Non-Metropolitan facilities
- 16% was for running, promoting and recycling/disposal of HHW collected from five Temporary Collection Days
- 8% was for WALGA administration
- 1% was for HHW Program promotional activities
- 1% was for Permanent facility staff training.