Waste Wise Schools is a program of the Waste Authority which is funded through a levy on urban waste to landfill as part of the Waste Strategy 2030.
Primary and secondary schools can apply for our regular grants as detailed below.
- Infrastructure grant - up to $2,200
- Whole school and community grant - up to $4,400
- Waste and sustainability grant - up to $8,800
Grants are offered to accredited Waste Wise Schools for the development of waste minimisation projects. These funds can be used to assist the school in reducing waste disposed of to landfill and in educating the whole school community about sustainable waste practices. View the success stories to see what schools have achieved.
Schools must complete the Waste Wise full day professional learning workshop/external module/webinar, form a committee, conduct a waste audit, write a waste policy and a waste plan to be eligible to apply for the first grant. For subsequent grants schools must have renewed their accreditation, contact Waste Wise if you are unsure.
The latest funding round will close at 12 noon, Tuesday 27 July 2021.
Please note the 12 pm cut off time as late submissions are not accepted.
- completed application form
- detailed and accurate budget (you will only receive the exact amount of funding for your project if approved)
- appropriate evidence as detailed in the grants eligibility criteria
- adherence to the grant guidelines and conditions
All grants require completion of an acquittal report and copies of receipts for the exact grant amount, at completion of the funding period.
Applications can only be submitted while the grant round is open and must be received prior to the deadline.
All grants are subject to funding availability.
Submissions close: Tue 27 July 2021 at 12:00pm