The insights from this research will be used to inform the development of a toolkit of communication and engagement materials to be used by local governments.The objectives of this research:
- Understand how local governments currently plan and deliver their Better Bins communications (influencing factors, decision making processes, challenges faced)
- Explore the communication materials used by local governments (message, channel, design, branding)
- Explore their expectations of a Better Bins communications toolkit
- Measure community attitudes, knowledge and behaviour specific to their kerbside collection system
- Measure community awareness of local government waste communications and messages.