Tools and guidelines for local governments for collecting and managing waste and recycling data
The guide Better Practice Waste and Recycling Data Management is designed to assist WA local governments to collect and analyse waste and recycling data.
The guide is presented in three parts:
- The first part of the guide is an overview of what waste and recycling data is, why it is important and how to collect and record it
- The second part of the guide contains separate resource sheets that provide further information and examples. Each can be viewed by clicking on the links below:
- Resource A - Example proceedure for waste & recycling data
- Resource B - Using spreadsheets to record waste & recycling data
- Resource B1 - Top tips for using spreadsheets for beginners
- Resource C - Converting volumes to tonnes (for Excel calculator click here)
- Resource D - Example waste contractor terms and conditions for provision of data
- Resource E - Waste and Recycling Glossary.
- The third part of the guide is a set of example spreadsheets. These may be adapted to suit the waste and recycling services offered by your local government-